About Me

Just another normal person

Tuesday 3 January 2012

Mission what?

Right! So, with nothing to do I decided to watch ghost protocol. So before we dive into my cynicism or how i would like to put it - My opinion, here is a thing - Spoiler Alert!!, if you do not want any spoilers stop reading now. My verdict for those who decided not to continue - 2.5 out of 5.



Behold people (the ones who thought of continuing) - the movie in a few words: Good action, not so great storyline, missing detail, sucky music and anil kapoor who acts like a buffoon (and not a tycoon).

Gosh how i miss the first two installments. Right, off we go with a name that would make you want to watch the movie but with a story that wouldn't leave the same effect afterwards.

Even though the movie did run quite alright with my attention in the movie intact throughout, there are quite a lot of downsides in the movie - no reason for hunt to be in the prison, a Jeremy renner who acts through the movie as if he is the villian, but turns out to be a damp squib with a funny reason on how he ended up at the wrong place. Did i not mention the play boy and tycoon, sorry my bad - the buffoon. oh! and not to mention the sucky music (again) - what were you trying to do? A sitar and MI1 slow music combo with beethoven??? - Right dont want to continue my tirade any further and would rather concentrate on the pluses.

So Pluses - the action is pretty good, camera work being good as well - It did keep my attention intact all along. Tom cruise is good, though age shows in his body. Simon Pegg and Paula Patton are alright. For some reason I was always expecting Jeremy renner to be the bad guy, but well.... The gadgets used look pretty cool. The comic timings (in the few junctures) are good as well.

Now for the funny things - Anil kapoor (I am trying to find a reason why he is in the movie), music (at times), hacking into an international satellite using a super computer in Sun network building in Bangalore (ok I get the drift on what you may be thinking, but....), a huge national television building (Sun network) with only one guard, and power failure (yeah i know), and finally the scene where Ethan follows the bad guy into a Mumbai mall and ends up in a german parking lot (or was it Dubai?).

Overall I would say that the movie is something that you can avoid, but then the box office grossing of the movie so far may be speaking otherwise.... Ironically, the rotten tomatoes app on my android shows this movie as - Mission Improvable.....

2 comments:

Deeps said...

Whether I wud like the movie ornot..really like ur way of naration..go on..:)

Kanth.. said...

Thanks